Installing Stockist Store Locator on Shopify
Stockist is fully compatible with Shopify e-commerce, a great platform for building your online store.
If you haven't signed up with Stockist yet, we recommend installing our Shopify store locator app. It'll automatically add a new Store Locator page to your shop, so you won't need to follow the steps below. Billing and login are also fully integrated with your Shopify account.
If the automatic Store Locator page has been deleted, or if you'd like to add your map to a different page, there are two options:
Option 1: Install Stockist on a Shopify Page
The easiest option is to add your map to the content of a specific page on Shopify. The benefits are:
- Easier setup
- Works with any Shopify theme
- Your map will automatically keep working if you switch to a new theme later on
The downsides are:
- Adding extra content alongside the map (text or images) is possible, but more error-prone
This is how the automatic "Store Locator" page is set up when you install Stockist via our Shopify app. If you're not sure which method to pick, we recommend this approach.
You can find the steps here: Installing Stockist on a Shopify Page
Option 2: Install Stockist on a Shopify 2.0 Theme Template
If your theme supports Shopify's Online Store 2.0, another approach is to add your store locator map to a theme template in Shopify. The benefits are:
- Flexibility: It's easier to add more content blocks to the page above or below the map
- This option works even if your theme's Default Page template has been set up incorrectly
The downsides are:
- More involved setup: You'll need to create a template, then assign the template to a specific page
- Only works with themes that support Online Store 2.0
- Theme-specific: If you switch to a new theme later on, you'll need to set things up again in the new theme
You can find the steps here: Installing Stockist on a Shopify 2.0 Theme Template