Linking Stockist to a Google Sheet
Stockist makes it easy to add store details for hundreds or thousands of locations at once by uploading a spreadsheet through our app dashboard.
Add multiple editors
Connect your CRM or other tool
- Google Sheets Developer API, which allows you to build a standalone script in the language of your choice that runs on your own PC or server and "pushes" data into Google Sheets.
Linking your Sheet to Stockist
To link a Google Sheet with your account, follow these steps:
- Create a new Google Sheet in the import format supported by Stockist.
- If you uploaded a CSV or XLS(X) file to Google Drive, make sure to select File > Save as Google Sheets, then follow the rest of the steps with the Google Sheet. The Google developer integration that Stockist uses doesn't support these formats:
- Set your sheet’s sharing settings to Anyone with the link can view (Click the Share button, then under General access choose Anyone with the link / Viewer):
- Ensure your Stockist account is on our Premium plan or above
- Contact our support team with a link to the spreadsheet, and we'll be happy to help get everything configured on your account
- Template for multi-column addresses (if you have separate fields for street address, city, country, etc.)
- Template for single-column addresses (if you have full addresses in one field)
To copy the template to your own Google account:
- Click on a template above
- If needed, sign into your Google account:
- Choose File > Make a copy:
- Choose a name for the copy and the destination in your Google Drive, then click OK:
- You can now edit the copy of the file