Replacing your whole store list
After you've been using Stockist for a while, you might want to update your store list to reflect changes in your distribution. To help with this, Stockist offers an easy way to swap in a new store list without any downtime on your locator.
To update your store list, follow these steps:
- Open the bulk import page of your dashboard, click Start an import, and follow the prompts to import a complete, current list of all of your stores. Don't worry about visitors seeing duplicate stores - when you first import a list it starts out as unpublished and won't show up on your locator just yet.
- Once the file has been imported, click the button to go to the import results page.
- If there were any issues with your import (e.g. if a map pin could not be found), they'll be listed here along with links to fix the issue. If you'd like to take care of these issues, we suggest doing so now.
- When you're ready to make the stores live on your website, look for the This import isn't showing on your locator yet section.
- Choose This import contains a complete list of all stores. Note the warning that existing stores will be deleted - be sure the list you just imported contains all of your stores.
- Click Publish import to instantly replace all of your existing stores with your new list.
If you have any questions or have a more complex situation (e.g. multiple lists from different distributors), we're happy to help - just click "Contact Us" in the header.