Installing Stockist Store Locator on Shopify
Stockist is fully compatible with Shopify e-commerce, a great platform for building your online store.
Haven't signed up with Stockist yet? We recommend installing our Shopify store locator app. It'll automatically add a store locator page to your shop, so you won't need to follow the steps below. Billing and login are also fully integrated with your Shopify account.
Or, follow the steps below to add your locator to a Shopify page manually.
Add your locator to a Shopify page
To add your Stockist store locator to a page on Shopify, follow these steps:
- Open your existing Stockist account and click Installation > Embed code in the left menu (or click here):
- If you set up our Shopify app, click the Show manual installation steps link:
- Click in the grey code box to select the embed code:
- Right-click on the code and select Copy from your browser's right-click menu
- Open the Shopify admin for the shop where you'd like to add the locator, and navigate to Online Store > Pages
- Click Add Page
- Click the Show HTML button - it's to the far right of bold/italic/etc. and looks like <>:
When in HTML mode, the formatting buttons (bold, italic, etc) should disappear.
- Once Show HTML is enabled, paste in the code you copied in step 2 (right click, then select Paste):
- Add a page title, then click Save at the bottom to save the page.
After following the steps above, you should be able to view the new page and see your store locator. If you need to customize the page (e.g. by adding content above or below the locator), see our article on customizing your store locator page on Shopify.
As always, just drop us a note if you run into any trouble and we're happy to assist.