Changing the width of your store locator
If you've just installed Stockist and found that your map and store locator are too narrow, read on for how to fix it.
On Shopify, the width of the page (and of your store locator) depends on the Shopify theme your site is using. Some themes use a narrower layout for non-product pages, with the assumption that the page will be mostly text. This can cause the locator to be a bit too small, since it uses a horizontal layout.
In some cases, themes have a built-in template option for wider pages. You can check if your theme has a wider page option with these steps:
- Open your Shopify admin
- Go to Online Store > Pages > Store Locator
- Under the Template section, see if there's one called page.wide or page.full_width or something similar
- If you see such an option:
- Select the option and save the page
- Check the page on your live site to see if it looks how you want
Here's where to find the Template option:
If you don't see such an option, don't worry! Get in touch with us using the Contact Us link at the top of this page. We can help add a style override to your account to force the locator to be wider.
If you're not on Shopify, check your platform's documentation for details on how to change the template of the page.
If you need assistance, just contact us and we're happy to help.