Creating a custom map style for Mapbox
If your Stockist account is using Mapbox as your map provider and you’d like to customize the styling of your map beyond the built-in options, it’s possible to create a completely custom style in your Mapbox account.
Custom map styles are currently supported on the Plus plan and above.
Creating a custom style
- Open your Mapbox account and sign in if prompted
- Under Tools & resources, click Design in Mapbox Studio:
- Click the New style button:
- Choose a style template to start from, then click the Customize button. The Basic template is closest to the standard map style, or the Monochrome template can be a good choice if you'd like to integrate your brand colors:
- In the editor that opens, click on the components in the left-hand menu to change individual elements:You can customize the colors, text, and language for each individual component.
- Once your map looks how you’d like, click the Publish button in the top right corner:
- Confirm that you want to publish your changes:
- You should see a confirmation popup, which you can dismiss:
- Click the Share button in the top right corner:
- Copy the Style URL using the clipboard icon:
- Use the Support page in the Stockist dashboard to send us a message with your Style URL, and our team will link the custom style to your account. This only needs to be done once: after the custom style has been linked to your Stockist account, you can make further changes directly in Mapbox studio and your store locator map will update with the new style automatically.