Using Stockist Store Locator with GemPages on Shopify
Stockist works with the GemPages app on Shopify, and it’s possible to add your store locator map to a section of a page built with GemPages.
Note that the steps on this page aren't always necessary: when you install our Shopify app, we’ll automatically add a new Store Locator page to your shop that already has your map set up. You can feel free to use this page without needing to set up another.
However, if you’d like to add Stockist to a page controlled by GemPages, you can follow the steps below.
Installing Stockist on a GemPages page
- Open the Installation > Embed code page of the Stockist dashboard, then click Show manual installation steps:
- Click on the code shown in the grey box, then copy it with Ctrl+C (Cmd+C on Mac) or by right-clicking and selecting Copy:
- In GemPages, open or create the page where you’d like to add your map
- In the Elements panel, find the Liquid element and drag it into the page at the point where you’d like the map to appear:
- Right-click on the new Liquid element and choose Edit Code:
- Paste the code from Stockist into the Template tab, then click Save:Note that the map won't appear within the GemPages editor.
- Click Save to update the page:
- To check that your map was set up properly, use the GemPages Preview button to view the page as it will appear on your site. The map should load as expected in this view:
- If things look good, click Publish to make the page live on your site:
If you run into any issues, we're happy to help – just reach out using the Contact us link at the top of this page.