Verifying your Google Maps API Key
Stockist supports using Google Maps as the map provider for your store locator. When you select Google Maps as your map provider, we'll use a key you provide from Google to power the map and parts of the search.
- Geocoding API: Used to help match searches to specific places
- Places API: Used to show address suggestions when searching
Enabling the three Google Maps services
Follow these steps to ensure the necessary services are enabled for your key:
- Ensure that the correct project is selected: The project name shown should match the project that you created when initially setting up your Google Maps key.
- If you see a button labeled Enable, click it to turn on the service. If the button says Manage, the service is already enabled, and you can move to the next step.
- Open the Geocoding API service page and complete steps 2 & 3 again for that service (if an Enable button is shown, click it to turn on the service).
- Open the Places API service page and again complete the same steps 2 & 3 for that page
- Once you've visited all three service pages and have confirmed that they're all enabled, your locator should be able to display properly.
Checking for key restrictions
If the steps above didn’t resolve the issue, another possibility is that your key has been restricted to only work with certain services.
- Open the Credentials page of the Google dashboard.
- Find your key in the list and click on the name:
If the steps above didn't solve your issue, we're here to help! Just click Contact Us at the top of this page.