Finding your Google Maps API Key
If you've created your Google Maps API Key but need to find it again or verify that it still exists, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Credentials page of the Google Developer Console
- Ensure that the project where you created your key is selected in the dropdown at the top of the page. Most of the time you will only have one project, in which case there should only be one choice:
- Find the API keys section of the page, which should show a list containing all of the keys for the project you selected:
- Click Show key on the right to see the key itself - it will appear in a popup:The text in the Your API key field (in the screenshot above, it starts with AIzaSyB...) is your Google Maps API Key.
- f you haven't copied this key into your Stockist account, you can click the icon to the right of the key to copy it, and then paste it in the API Key page on the Stockist dashboard:
Creating a new key
If the steps above don't show any keys in the list, you can create a key by clicking the Create credentials button at the top of the page and then selecting API key to create one:After a moment, your new key will be shown in a popup window:
If this is the first key being created in this particular Google project/account, you'll also want to check that the three necessary Google Maps services are enabled in your Google project.