Creating tags and custom fields
Tags and custom fields can be created through the Settings section of the app dashboard.
If you're not sure what these are, check out What are tags and custom fields?
Creating a tag
To create a tag (also called a "search filter"):
- Open the Settings page on the app dashboard and click Search filters
- Click Add search filter:
- Type the name of the filter (e.g. "Free Wifi" or "Hair spray"). You can also choose whether the filter should be shown to visitors as a search option (to allow narrowing the results on the map), and whether it should be shown within each store's listing. When you're done, click Save filter:
- The filter has now been created and will appear on your locator
Applying a tag to a location
Once your filter has been created, you can apply it to a location by selecting the checkbox next to the filter selector on the location details page:
You can also apply tags when importing store details. We have more details in this article under the heading Importing tags.
Creating a custom field
To create a custom field:
- Open the Settings page on the app dashboard and click Custom fields
- Click Add custom field:
Type the name of the field to be shown to visitors (e.g. "Facebook" for a Facebook link). You can also choose whether the field should be shown within store listings. Usually this should be kept selected, but you can deselect it if you'd like to hide a field without deleting it. When you're done, click Save custom field:
- The custom field is now created in your account.
Applying a custom field to a location
Once your custom field has been created, you can set a value for any location by updating the field on the location details page: