My page shows "This page can't load Google Maps correctly"
Is your store locator showing one or more of the following errors?
- A box saying This page can’t load Google Maps correctly
- Darkened maps showing For development purposes only
- Search results show There was a problem searching for stores
This errors indicate an issue with the Google Maps key that was added to your Stockist account when setting up your store locator.
Common causes for this error
#1 Your “free trial” has ended
- Follow this link to upgrade your account and enable billing if prompted.
- If the link above doesn't work, log into the Google dashboard and look for a banner near the top indicating that your trial has ended, then click the Upgrade button:
- Alternatively, Google may show an icon which you can click to upgrade:
- Finally, if you don’t see this banner, navigate to the Billing section to check if you're prompted to upgrade. Click the menu icon in the top-left corner (three horizontal bars next to Google Cloud Platform) and click Billing.
#2 Your billing account hasn’t been set up
#3 Your billing details are out-of-date
To check for this, log into the Google dashboard and confirm that your billing details look correct.
Alternatives to Google Maps
Stockist supports a simpler option called Mapbox which is easier to set up, doesn't require a credit card, and is less likely to have key problems. If you'd like to try Mapbox instead, you can follow the steps in this article to get started.